Applications are invited for the post of
The INCLEN Trust International, New Delhi
The INCLEN Trust International (INCLEN) is an international ‘not-for profit’ health research and capacity building organisation based at New Delhi (India) (inclentrust.org). INCLEN is a unique multi-institution multi-disciplinary network of researchers comprising of public health experts, clinicians, epidemiologists, statisticians, health social scientists, economists, psychologists, nutritionists, anthropologists, and management experts. INCLEN network is organized into seven regional networks (CLENs) viz., IndiaCLEN, ChinaCLEN, INCLEN-Africa, LatinCLEN, CanUSACLEN, INCLEN-Asia and EuroMedCLEN. Global headquarters of INCLEN shifted to India in 2005. INCLEN has its major presence in India, where the network spans over 256 institutions.
INCLEN is engaged in policy, program, public health and clinical research and program evaluation at global, regional and national levels. Currently, INCLEN research programs include: infectious diseases epidemiology and prevention, vaccinology, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases, program evaluation, disease surveillance, implementation research and collaborative studies for linking epidemiology to basic science mechanistic studies.
INCLEN has also established three demographic development and environmental surveillance sites (DDESS) in three states of India (Palwal, Haryana; Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh and East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya) to contribute toward trans-sectoral scientific initiatives of convergence innovation with a ‘whole-of-society’ approach in the country (somaarth.org).
In India, INCLEN is registered as a ‘not-for–profit’ Trust and recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO). Board of Trustees comprises of both national and international leaders from bio-medical sciences and other fields to provide overall guidance to the organization. INCLEN is a Research Unit recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), and partners with Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi and Sri Ramchandra University (SRM), Chennai for PhD programs.
2. Expectations from the Executive Director (ED)
INCLEN is looking for ED based in Delhi (India) to deliver research, academic and administrative leadership to the Organization. The ED should be visionary and a strategic thinker, with passion to take the INCLEN to the next level of its performance and recognition. S/he should have a deep understanding of the contemporary bio-medical research domains and their translational value to influence health policies and programs at national as well international levels.
INCLEN is supported by grants from governmental, multilateral and bilateral donor agencies; currently over 20 funding agencies are supporting various projects and activities of the Organization. The researcher team is perpetually engaged in two tasks – writing new proposals and executing the ones already funded. The ED plays several important roles in this task: handholding, taking lead in writing grants, interacting with funders and policy makers and ensuring timely execution of projects with quality. Additionally, the ED is also expected to ensure that multi-site collaborations are smooth and continue without hiccups. This will entail strengthening national, regional, and global networks to maintain its international character. Managing multi-centre studies along with three community sites, administration of core INCLEN Executive Office at Delhi are the other leadership and management responsibilities for the incumbent ED.
ED is the head of the management team and also exclusively responsible to the Board of Trustees.
Eligibility and qualifications
- MD or PhD or equivalent degree in biomedical sciences,
- Must have established her/himself as a researcher with minimum 15 years’ of research experience,
- Excellent track record with high impact publications.
- Demonstrated experience as Head of the institution or department or Project lead/Principal Investigator
- Experience in successfully running large research programs/centre/institution,
- Experience in guiding research activities in the area of specialization.
- The maximum age limit is 55 years as on the date of application
Tenure of appointment
The initial appointment is for three years thereafter can be extended as per the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
Executive Director will be based at the INCLEN Executive Office (IEO) at New Delhi. S/he is expected to travel extensively in India and abroad as per the requirement.
Remuneration and other benefits
- The remuneration shall be negotiable as per the industry standards for a research organization.
- The allowances and other benefits shall be as per the norms of INCLEN.
How to apply
- The interested applicants are required to email their application with a detailed CV highlighting the research activities, publications, administrative experience along with three references to email@example.com
- Last date for application is October 31, 2022.