We are seeking an enthusiastic Research Assistant I to participate in the collection and processing of human tissue and blood samples from our operating rooms for research. The Research Assistant I will work under guidance of principal investigators and will have multiple opportunities to participate in ongoing research projects. Prior experience in working in field of research is desired though not mandatory.Job Duties
- Identification/screening appropriate patients from the clinic for future tissue collection.
- Discussion with patients of the tissue collection protocol and obtaining informed consent.
- Visits the operating room to collect blood, tumor tissue, normal tissues.
- Transports of tissue to the lab and processing of these tissues in the lab, professing of blood into PBMC and serum, and tumor and lung into each single cells, frozen specimens, permanent tissue specimens.
- Annotating, storing, and cataloging of human tissue samples.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Participates in the screening and enrollment of patients for other clinical trials.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.