This position is in the Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine. The candidate will be working primarily in lab analyses being required for research studies and clinical trials being conducted in the PIs lab. The position requires fluency in English, ability to work well as part of a dynamic team, willingness to learn, handle responsibility, perform the routine elements of research work that requires the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures, ability to record results, and assist the Principal Investigator in all the missions of his lab.Job Duties
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments and collect, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for assigned studies.
- Documents results of experiments and orders laboratory supplies.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Attends regular staff meetings and provides detailed updates and presentations.
- Leads and attends regular meetings with research manager, PIs, and study team for update reports and process improvement for ongoing studies.
- Participates in projects as directed by PI and calibrates and runs all required equipment in the conduction of studies.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens as needed in clinical studies. and processes collected samples in the lab as required in the study protocol.
- Provides weekly updates to the PI Dr. Sekhar on all study related matters and maintains accurate records of all lab work.
- Helps the PI with annual renewals of all studies and protocols.
- Assist the PI's lab team with additional duties.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a dynamic team involved in basic and clinical research.
- Work effectively with a wide range or collaborating investigators.
- Be able to communicate well.
- Be a change agent and able to address issues.
- Be capable of analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Be accountable and responsible.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.