Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The Department of Anesthesiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, seeks a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the laboratory of Marcos Vidal Melo, MD, PhD. The candidate will work with a team of investigators under the general supervision of Dr. Vidal Melo and will pursue a major project aimed at future funding. The fellow will also be actively involved in designing and supporting clinical outcome analyses based on registry data, extracting data from existing electronic medical records (e.g., Epic), implementing the designed analyses, and advancing to scientific discussions, presentations in meetings, preparation, and submission of full papers. The position will involve interaction with a multidisciplinary and interinstitutional team of anesthesiologists, surgeons, statisticians, residents, and fellows.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player;
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to participate in different working groups;
• Careful attention to detail;
• Proficiency with SQL;
• Proficiency with statistical programming (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS);
• Experience with descriptive statistical analysis;
• Experience in data management;
• Interest in contributing to improvement of outcomes in perioperative medicine;
• Maintaining appropriate and timely responsiveness.
Qualified applicants must be a recent recipient of a doctorate degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, physics, behavioral or biological sciences, or related field, and the degree must have been awarded within the past three years. Columbia University offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This position falls under a collective bargaining agreement.
To formally submit your application and supporting documents, please visit Columbia University’s online application site at the following link: https://apply.interfolio.com/112176
Columbia University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer—race/gender/disability/veteran.