To strengthen our team in the division "Interfacial processes and corrosion" in Berlin-Steglitz, starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a
PhD Student (m/f /d) in the field of chemistry, material science or a comparable field
Salary group 13 TVöD
Temporary contract for 36 months
65 % of the collectively agreed working time
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes. At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Preparation and characterization of multi principal element alloy (MPEAs)
- Investigation of electrocatalytic properties of MPEAs
- Synthesis von MPEA-nanoparticles using pulsed laser ablation in liquids
- Characterization of nanostructured MPEA-electrocatalysts in terms of efficiency, selectivity and stability
- Successfully completed university degree (master's/diploma) in chemistry, material science or a comparable field
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in electrochemistry, preferably in the field of electrocatalysis
- Knowledge on elementary mechanisms of electrocatalytic processes, particularly for the CO2 reduction reaction
- Knowledge on the operating principles of Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and/or Transmission Electron microscopy (TEM) is advantageous
- Excellent command of the English language in writing and presentation is a prerequisite
- Good ability in scientific writing and in presenting in front of an audience
- Good communication and information behaviour, goal-oriented and structured way of working, ability to work in a team and willingness to cooperate, willingness to learn as well as flexibility
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface of politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
We welcome applications via the online application form by 30.09.2022. Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, quoting the reference number 236/22-6.2 to:
Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und ‑prüfung (BAM)
Referat Z.3 – Personal
Unter den Eichen 87
Dr. Julia Witt will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-4838 and/or by email to Julia.Witt@bam.de and Dr. Özlem Özcan Sandikcioglu will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-1602 and/or by email to Ozlem.Ozcan@bam.de
BAM pursues the goal of professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. In addition, BAM supports the integration of severely disabled persons and therefore especially welcomes their applications. With regard to the fulfilment of the job advertisement requirements, the application documents are examined individually. Recognised severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally suitable.
The advertised position requires a high level of physical aptitude.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the "audit berufundfamilie" since 2015.