We are seeking applicants for a postdoctoral position in bioinformatics/computational biology in the Department of Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology. We closely work with an interdisciplinary team to understand genomic, transcriptional, and immune alterations in cancer. Specifically, the goals of this project consist of integrating and analyzing bulk and/or single-cell genomic, transcriptomic, and TCR repertoire data to determine the effects of genomic alterations, gene expression changes, and the tumor-immune microenvironment on clinical outcomes. The following three researchers will jointly supervise the postdoctoral fellow.
Dr. Keiko Akagi (https://mdanderson.elsevierpure.com/en/persons/keiko-akagi)
Dr. Nils-Petter Rudqvist (https://mdanderson.elsevierpure.com/en/persons/nils-petter-rudqvist)
Dr. Maura Gillison (https://mdanderson.elsevierpure.com/en/persons/maura-gillison)
1. Learn to apply and develop software tools for large-scale genomic data in cancer research.
2. Learn to interpret genomics data in a biologically meaningful way.
3. Learn to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
4. Present findings at regular lab meetings and national conferences.
5. Submit results for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
Ph.D. degree (or master's degree with >2-year experience) in computational biology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, genomics, biomedical science
Experience working with large-scale biological data (scRNA-Seq, TCR-Seq, bulk RNA-Seq, whole-exome sequencing, whole-genome sequencing data).
Experience in command line interface/Linux environment and proficiency in a programming language such as Python, Perl, R, MATLAB, etc.
Biological knowledge in the related fields (cancer/immunology) is preferred.