Research Coordinator III is needed to coordinate PEDIG studies currently, Amblyopia, ROP studies, and also Industry studies. The Coordinator will be in charge of all aspects of Research for the Ophthalmology Department at TCH. Coordinates, directs, and implements clinical research protocols including PEDIG and industry studies ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Job Duties
- Conducts all research activities, startup activities patients' visits, EDC, patient's checks, invoices, regulatory, sponsor monitoring visits.
- Works up patients in all clinical trials.
- Drafts Protocols for Investigator Initiated studies.
- Assists the faculty with ongoing individual research projects.
- Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants.
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for study. Explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information. Process, document and enter information into a database.
- Collects, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.