Post Doctorial Scientist
Job reference: CAK010262
The Role and Opportunity
We are looking for two passionate Post-Doctoral Research Fellows who will contribute Science Thought Leadership and research outcomes at an international level on this exciting and important project
The Science Project aims to develop a proof-of-concept for a transgenic rat suppression system in containment, which will ultimately support the eradication of wild rats in NZ. It will contribute to the implementation and management of genetic control tools for the rat, aligning with other research aims around developing genomic datasets in wild NZ rat populations and assessing attitudes towards transmission ratio distortion approaches, with emphasis on understanding Mātauranga Māori.
Location: AgResearch Ruakura, Hamilton, New Zealand
Expected annual salary:
- Postdoc 1 Level $75,000
- Postdoc 2 Level $80,000
Minimum guaranteed hours: 40 hours a week
What You will be Doing
- Acts as the main investigator or co-investigator on dedicated research streams in this project.
- Conducts experimentation and data collection in accordance with the highest standards.
- Adopts and applies overall organisational project management methodologies.
- Writes and publishes articles in peer-reviewed journals that highlight findings from research.
- Builds and maintains a strong culture of partnership with stakeholders, focused on the creation of impact in their sectors.
Your Ideal Background
- You will have a PhD degree in molecular biology or related field. Candidates awaiting their PhD results are also encouraged to apply.
- Has a background in research related to transgenic technologies, including construct design, pronuclear injection, electroporation, mammalian embryology, and analysing transgenic rodents.
- Experience in the application of transgenic techniques to study fertility are beneficial.
- Research experience relevant to this position.
- Working knowledge of the application of Bioinformatics tools for genotype analysis.
AgResearch provides a diverse range of benefits including flexible working options that help our staff balance their own lifestyle and needs with their work commitments. You can view the full list here: http://www.agresearchcareers.co.nz/working-here/our-benefits/
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, apply today using the link, including a cover letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this position.
For further information, please contact David Wells on 07 838 5555 or email@example.com. To view the full position description for this role, please click here.
Applications close: 2nd October 2022
Application link: https://yourcareer.agresearch.co.nz/job/Post-Doctorial-Scientist/775465810/