We are looking for a molecular and computational biologist to work with us in analyzing diverse "omics" datasets. Our group is interested in the fundamental mechanisms that precisely regulate gene expression in neuroinflammation in infectious, autoimmune and neurodegenerative diseases using multidisciplinary genomic approaches. The types of data we generate include, but not limited to, scATAC-seq, scRNA-seq, ChIP-seq, Hi-C, TCR-seq, Perturb-seq, and high-dimensional flow cytometry.
This position offers exposure to cutting-edge genomic research and opportunities to collaborate closely with experts in immunology, neurobiology, and bioinformatics. The candidates will be leading/co-leading projects, designing experiments for generating high-dimensional data while working closely with collaborators and lab members for data analysis, interpretation, and in understanding and using computational analysis tools. He/she will also contribute to drafting of presentations and manuscripts and will have co-authorship status in publications. Salary is commensurate with research experience and accomplishments.
Current projects are focusing on two major questions:
- How chromatin landscapes and transcription factors control innate and adaptive lymphoid cell development and activation?
- How cytokines and their producers contribute to the progression of aging and neurodegenerative diseases?
This position is subject to a background investigation
- Ph.D. in immunology, biology, neuroscience or related fields, with experience and interest in computational biology.
- Self-motivated and keen to develop and/or learn methods to analyze high throughput data from cutting-edge technologies.
- Experiences in studying gene regulation using genomic assays (e.g. ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq or Hi-C) are preferred.
- Experience in at least one programming language (R, Shell script, Python or similar) and ability to translate ideas into code is required.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information of three references to: NEI Shih Lab firstname.lastname@example.org
NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community and is an equal opportunity employer.