The Neuromodulation for Addiction Laboratory at The Menninger Clinic, part of the Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Baylor College of Medicine (BCM), is recruiting for a postdoctoral fellow. The Menninger Clinic is a world leader in psychiatric treatment, research, and education. The Menninger Clinic has a visionary translational clinical research program, with a growth strategy linked to the new campus and enhanced collaborative partnership with investigators at BCM, as well as expanded collaborative projects with researchers in other major medical centers and universities.
The lab focuses on identifying a biomarker for psychiatric disorders, particularly addiction, using neuroimaging, non-invasive brain stimulation, statistical tools, and clinical trials.Job Duties
- Conducts research in NIH- and foundation-funded projects, including:
- a clinical trial to evaluate brain response to the TMS treatment in opioid users,
- analyzes a large multi-modal neuroimaging dataset (e.g., fMRI of reward processing, resting state fMRI, and DTI) of psychiatric patients.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering, or related field
- Expertise with fMRI, including image analysis and processing using AFNI, SPM, or FSL
- Skills in programming and statistics (e.g., Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Research experience in TMS or other neuromodulation techniques
- Experience or interest in working with psychiatric disorders
- Promising academic record with publications/abstracts/scientific presentations
The successful candidate will have numerous opportunities for manuscript and grant writing and collaborating with various teams in Texas Medical Center (TMC), the world's largest medical center. This position is ideally suited for submission of early career awards from research foundations as well as NIH training grants. Expecting starting date is fall 2022, but is flexible.
For further information, please contact Hyuntaek Oh, Ph.D., at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN