Integrated Research Associates is a small biotechnology company that is modern, confident, and continually evolving. In a work environment that is vibrant, fast moving and stimulating, employees are consistently challenged, engaged and fulfilled. In addition to a stimulating work environment, benefits programs are offered to enhance employee overall health and well being as well as opportunities for both personal and professional growth and development.
Lead a new vaccine research project on Japanese encephalitis virus in a Microbiology lab.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PERCENT OF TIME
- Analyze and present scientific results 15%
- Cell Culture, Virological & Immunological Assays 45%
- Molecular Biology Techniques 35%
- Preparation of solutions and buffers 3%
- Supply inventory and ordering 1%
- General Laboratory maintenance 1%
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES Qualifications (Minimum education & experience level required):
- Ph.D. in Microbiology, Immunology or Molecular Virology
- At least 5 years of experience in molecular biology and virology.
- Ability to analyze and present results using graphs and figures.
- Ability to draft scientific manuscripts.
- Knowledge of computer software, general lab equipment
- Knowledge of principles and practices of biosafety
Skill requirements (include complexity of position):
- Recombinant DNA
- Mammalian and insect cell culture
- Virology including plaque assay and plaque reduction neutralization test (PRNT)
- Tangential flow filtration
Interpersonal skills (include personal interaction):
- Strong communication skills
- Well developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to function as both a team member and individual contributor
Confidential data: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Integrated Research Associates is considered confidential. Will be exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material. Will adhere to and be required to comply with Integrated Research Associates compliance policy and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
Working Conditions or Additional requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime):
*Essential functions occur simultaneously, therefore, the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize them and seek assistance when necessary. These functions need to be performed on a consistent and regular basis, using good judgment. Ability to learn and apply Integrated Research Associates policies consistently, seeking out guidance when necessary, is required. COVID vaccination is also required.