The STEM Career Counselor serves as a liaison between the Center for Career Development and the School of Engineering and the School of Science and works closely with undergraduate and graduate students to deliver career counseling services, build educational programs and facilitate recruiting opportunities.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Administer, analyze and interpret one or more career assessments and provide online resources for students to explore various majors and career opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with Deans, Department Chairs and faculty members in order to best meet the needs of students.
- Provide consultation and assistance to departments in their development of major-specific, career related events.
- Communicate and encourage faculty to maintain equitable opportunities for students by posting jobs and internships on Handshake; inform key faculty in the use of Handshake.
- Facilitate regular workshops and presentations to small groups, classes and student clubs.
- Collaborate with the employer relations team to target employers and build recruitment opportunities to increase quality and quantity of internship and employment opportunities.
- Integrate technology into daily operations, programs and presentations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education, counseling, advising and/or related STEM fields.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with career development theories and practices, assessments (MBTI/SII), counseling and services.
- Must have strong written and oral presentation skills
- Social Media: Advanced working knowledge in LinkedIn and Facebook required. Proficiency with Twitter.
- MS Office Suite: Advanced in MS Word and PowerPoint and proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to master Internet-based recruiting programs and learn new technologies required.
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition. We expect our faculty, administration, and staff to be knowledgeable about our mission and to make a positive contribution to the mission. Applicants from historically under-represented segments of the population are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse campus community. AA/EO Employer M/F/D/V