We are seeking a talented individual for a full-time position to join our team at Baylor College of Medicine- Center for Innovation Quality Effectiveness and Safety. This is a Research Coordinator II position supporting multiple projects at different locations involving quantitative and qualitative research methods. These research projects are focused on increasing access to effective behavioral interventions to improve the lives of diverse patients with chronic health conditions. General job duties involve coordinating day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.Job Duties
- Coordinates meetings and communications between multiple members of the research team
- Trains and helps support less experienced research staff
- Oversees and may conduct interviews, screening and recruiting patients for studies; explains process and procedures to educate participants regarding the research study
- Collects patient and participant information; processes documents and enters information into a database
- Assists with daily administrative tasks like preparing study materials, photocopying, organizing and filing documents, mailing study materials, and working with confidential files.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents for research studies
- Assists with developing manuscripts, presentations and grant proposals
- Drafts progress reports for studies for IRBs and funding agencies
- Develops and maintains study-related SOPs
- Manages multiple databases using Excel and SPSS
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Liaises with community partners to recruit participants and attend community events.
- Corresponds with participants throughout study.
- Schedules research participants for tests and procedures specific for the research protocol.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Prior experience with qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo, Dedoose, ATLAS.ti
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.