The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery within the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery is recruiting a full-time Research Assistant I to assist with research experiments and data acquisition in support of the Aortic Database Research Team. The candidate will perform responsible research work that requires planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
If you would like to know more about the department and their initiatives, please click on the link below.
https://www.bcm.edu/departments/surgery/divisions/cardiothoracic-surgery/research Job Duties
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Abstracts data points from medical records and input data points into clinical research database.
- Assists in data export, data transformation, and data merging.
- Assists in basic statistical analysis to prepare data for presentation and publication.
- Prepares internal data metrics for presentation to faculty.
- Prepares of written text to describe statistical methods for research projects.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents and interprets results of analysis and reports to principal investigators.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's in basic science, computer science or related field.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, including basic statistical analysis, the use of formulas, and the preparation of data for presentation as statistical figures.
- Familiarity with basic anatomy and medical terminology.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.