The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. This position involves participating in all aspects of the health and welfare of laboratory animals, including daily monitoring and treatment, maintaining accurate health records, and providing requested technical services that includes inducing and monitoring anesthesia for multiple species.Job Duties
- Cleans, prepares, packs, and sterilizes surgical instruments/equipment.
- Maintains veterinary technical equipment such as gas anesthesia machines, and digital radiography in proper working order.
- Associate's degree in a related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Certified Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification must be obtained within one year of hire or promotion.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Preferred: Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.