The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery is recruiting a Senior Clinical Research Associate to managing the Aortic Surgery Patient Database, a database of 10,000+ patients and 15,000+ surgeries. The position will be responsible for using data exporting software (QlikView) to output patient data from the aortic database, which will be used for drafting presentations, publications, and completing feasibility questionnaires for clinical studies. The Senior Clinical Research Associate will work closely with the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery research team as well as medical students, residents, and faculty both within and outside the division to complete outcomes based research projects.Job Duties
- Acts as an administrative contact and coordinator for national and international research studies. -Exports and formats data files, using QlikView and Excel software, for the purposes of completing manuscripts and presentations for the division
- Coordinating the software transition from BCM IT to Office of Research IT.
- Utilizes QlikView software to complete clinical study feasibility questionnaires for investigators in the division
- Utilizes R and SPSS software to complete statistical analyses for manuscripts (survival, competing risk, and logistic regression analyses)
- Completes literature reviews for the division's publications and presentations
- Works with Research IT on continual improvements to the ASPD, and improving the data export process through a new reporting system to decrease use of QlikView
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field, including those related to healthcare, epidemiology, data science, statistical analysis
- Master's degree in Public Health or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, including basic statistical analysis, the use of formulas, conditional formatting, data merging, and preparation of data for presentation as statistical figures
- Working knowledge of basic statistical programs to perform descriptive, comparative, and other analyses
- Experience with data export, data transformation, and data merging
- Ability to combine data to create composite variables
- Coursework in statistics, biometry, or data analytics
- Familiarity with basic anatomy and medical terminology
- Ability to draft one or more paragraphs to describe project-specific statistical methods
- Ability to transfer statistical results into academic manuscripts
- Ability to process complex information to resolve data discrepancies through recognition of errors and formulating a troubleshooting process
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.