Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the Molecular Assessment and Profiling group in BioMedicine Design at Pfizer. This individual will be responsible for providing developability assessment for a wide range of biotherapeutic modalities to drive portfolio programs progression from early screening/design stage to preclinical lead candidate selection. The qualified candidate will generate, critically analyze and present study results to multidisciplinary teams to guide design, provide risk assessment and mitigation strategies. In addition, this individual will have an active role in resource planning to support projects as well as potentially lead technology development initiatives. Successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and cross-functional collaborations with early development groups to contribute to the team's deliverables. How You Will Achieve It
- Perform physicochemical, thermal and colloidal stability assessment of biotherapeutic candidates; will work with a wide range of modalities including multi-specific and Fc-fusion protein molecules
- Critically analyze and present experiment results across multiple teams spanning general to subject expert audiences
- Provide scientific guidance and decision to progress project along discovery pipeline
- Drive technological innovation; keep abreast of new technologies and instrumentations
- Work closely with cross-functional teams including therapeutic discovery teams, protein expression and purification groups, MS and development organization to plan and execute deliverables
- A PhD with 0-3 years of relevant experience in Biochemistry, Biophysics or related discipline
- Knowledgeable with protein biochemistry including protein stability, amino acid sequence chemical modification and protein viscosity
- Experience with various protein characterization methods and analytical biochemistry techniques such as aSEC, DSC, CGE, cIEF, SEC-MALS, DLS, Anton Paar rheology
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping timelines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and documentation skills
Other Job Detail
- Prior industry experience in therapeutic protein discovery and biochemistry research
- Demonstrated track record of independent research and scientific publications in peer review journals
- Last Date to Apply: September 12, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development