What You Will Achieve
Pfizer's Rare Disease Research Unit (RDRU) is focused on developing therapeutic solutions for patients with rare disorders. We are seeking a laboratory-based Senior Scientist to be part of an interdisciplinary team to execute preclinical studies to expand Pfizer's gene editing portfolio. This individual will over-see the design and evaluation of gene editing strategies for the treatment of rare disorders. Individuals with expertise in one or more of the following technical areas are highly desirable: gene editing approaches including nuclease editing, DNA base editing, non-viral in vivo delivery of nucleic acids. The Senior Scientist will work independently in the laboratory as well as mentor junior scientists while contributing to the over-all gene editing team goals. They will utilize their own expertise and gather additional input from within the gene editing team and the larger RDRU group to ensure the production of high-quality data to ensure the efficient and timely execution of deliverables. How You Will Achieve It
- Design and execute pre-clinical assays for rare disease targets. The initial focus will be on cellular based assays and will include designing and optimizing guide RNAs for multiple targets.
- Use prior knowledge to assist in identifying new targets.
- Generate and analyze high quality data.
- Communicate findings using both verbal presentations and written reports.
- Mentor junior scientists.
- Partner with other Pfizer research and development teams to further project goals.
- Work with external collaborators and contract research organizations.
- Ph.D. in the life sciences
- Expertise in basic molecular biology techniques including but not limited to: construct design, RNA/DNA extraction, PCR.
- Hands-on experience designing and utilizing gene editing approaches including CRISPR guide RNA design, preferably as a therapeutic intervention.
- Experience in cell culture and transfection/electroporation .
- Evidence of scientific accomplishments in the form of publications and presentations.
- Experience supporting a multidisciplinary project team including the generation and analysis of high-quality data in a time-sensitive environment.
- Experience in gathering and assimilating new information from multiple sources, and subsequently communicating effectively with internal and external scientists.
- Creativity, self-motivation and the ability to work independently including the analysis and troubleshooting of experimental results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Between 2 and 6 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Prior industry experience.
- Hands on experience using gene editing as a therapeutic strategy.
- Prior work in the rare-disease field.
- Experience with lipid nanoparticles or other non-viral methods of in vivo nucleic acid delivery.
- Expertise with primary cell culture.
- Hands-on experience working with animal models and harvesting tissue.
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development