You will join a dynamic team of scientists in our Oncology Translational Sciences Tumor Biology Group, playing a lead role in using models of cancer to evaluate new drug candidates, mechanisms, and targets.
You will participate in pre-clinical drug discovery and development programs with a focus on tumor intrinsic biology related to signal transduction, targeted therapeutics, and epigenetics. You will characterize and develop large and small molecules in close collaboration with partner lines as an integral member of the drug discovery teams. You will employ and develop cutting edge in vivo mouse and human cancer models. You will provide technical and scientific expertise in in vivo Pharmacology across ORD to enable target identification, validation, prioritization, and efficient drug discovery. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, execute and analyze in vivo pharmacology studies.
- Characterize new in vivo mouse models, including syngeneic tumor and genetically engineered mouse models (GEMMs), to study biologic mechanisms and support exploration of novel therapies.
- Conduct in vivo studies to evaluate and establish efficacy, PK/PD relationship, combination strategy, biomarker identification and analysis.
- Perform ancillary in vitro and ex vivo assays to characterize effects of experimental medicines that may include Western Blot, scRNAseq or other assays as needed.
- Quality documentation and interpretation of experimental results
- Presentation of results within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Ensure appropriate use of animals in compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology/Tumor Biology/Oncology or similar discipline, with 6+ years relevant experience
- Experience with animal models of human cancers.
- Hands on in vivo skills (IV, PO, SC, IP dosing), blood/tissue collection
- Experience following novel scientific or technological developments, and implementing them in the laboratory.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience integrating biological concepts into experimental design
- Ex vivo skills such as Western blot is a plus
- Experience with GraphPad Prism and/or Studylog is a plus
- Industry experience preferred
- Current knowledge of Oncology research, drug discovery and development
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
- Must be able to wear specialized protective clothing and PPE (lab coat, safety shoes/glasses/etc)
- Must be willing and able to work after hours as needed to ensure study integrity
Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development