The head of Formulation & Process Design (FPD) of the Drug Product Design (DPD) group in Lake Forest will lead a group of up to ~20-25 colleagues (FTEs and contractors) based in Lake Forest (LF) that is responsible for all aspects of end-to-end (PhI to Commercialization) Drug Product design supporting projects in the Global portfolio. The leader of FPD-LF will have DP accountable managers, line managers and special technologists reporting into this group, and support of planning of LF facilities, recruitment, and development of talent for supporting end-to-end drug product design is essential.In addition, integration, and alignment with FPD Groton and Sandwich to enable a unified FPD for portfolio delivery and technology advancement is critical.
The leader will also closely collaborate with other DPD lines - Material Sciences, Bio-pharmaceutics, and Molecular Pharmaceutics functions to ensure design of a robust drug product suitable for clinical and commercial needs, as well as ensure the department science and technology investment strategy will meet the groups future needs. The head of FPD in Lake Forest will also be a member of the US FPD Leadership Team and represent FPD on key global departmental and/or PSSM teams and support local site management in partnership with ARD and local management teams.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the FPD LF will define strategic direction for the group and influence overall global FPD strategy as a member of the global FPD Leadership Team.
- Identify, develop, and adopt new technologies to ensure discipline excellence and industry leading capability and value.
- Influence internally and externally as an industry leader in the drug product discipline.
- Develop and execute plans for identifying/procuring or developing key technical skills in the group for current and future needs through active workforce planning.
- Responsibility for training and establishing effective technical mentoring arrangements to grow that innovative product development expertise in this new group.
- Ensuring an engaged workforce built around a culture of equity, transparency, integrity, innovation and scientific excellence.
- Building and maintaining excellent partnerships with leaders of key partners includingAnalytical R&D,Drug Product Supply, GCMC, PGS, Chemical R&D, and Medicinal Chemistry
- The FPD LF lead is accountable for working with Lake Forest and PSSM leadership to ensure that infrastructure and equipment, people, and other essential functions are in place to enable end-to-end design, development, and commercialization of the Pfizer portfolio at this location.
- Work closely with FPD Groton to align on resources and planning to support technology advancement and portfolio delivery.
- Ensure the LF FPD team delivers the assigned portfolio in a sustainable, safe and to the highest quality standards.
- Ensure associated academics and professional societies local eco-systems support our scientific, technical and talents needs of the future.
- Provide exquisite project support for DP aspects of PSSM CoDev teams while working collaboratively with Global partners and stakeholders to optimize workflows and technologies to accelerate product development.
- Partner with other lines in PSSM and with PGS and maximize the efficiency of DPD through effective portfolio management.
- Support business development/due diligence evaluations directly or through colleagues in the group.
- BS/MS Chemist with a minimum of 20 years relevant experience in end-to-end small molecule Drug Product design and development or PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences with a minimum of 15 years relevant end-to-end pharmaceutical development experience in drug product or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in global filing and successful commercial launch of diversity of Drug Products types
- Demonstrated experience as a leader of leaders in a large organization. Demonstrated success in talent development and DEI initiatives.
- Strong matrix leadership of cross divisional teams with ability to deal with complex technical and logistical situations.
- Demonstrated productive influencing with portfolio governance.
- Courageous decision making and able to navigate a complex R&Dand PGS ecosystem with creative and entrepreneurial thinking.
- High academic credibility with a strong track record of establish collaborative research with University to meet our business needs
- Experience in establishing and leading external collaborations and new business paradigms
- Experience with leading global teams and initiatives.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Mental agility and reliance to balance multiple conflicting work priorities with confidence
Additional Posting Information
- Global time flexibility to manage 24/7 working without impacting on work life balance
- Comfortable with global travel
- Last date to apply: August 19th, 2022
- Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development