Coordinates day to day activities of the Quadrant Biosciences/Autism Care Network study to validate salivary biomarkers for children with autism and developmental delays at the Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital site. Responsibilities include screening, enrolling, and conducting follow-up assessments with research participants; supporting families through the entire research process; monitoring data collection and data quality; evaluating effectiveness of various recruitment strategies; and performing all study related activities in accordance with IRB guidelines and ethical practices. This is an onsite position. Work is located in clinics, hospitals, office areas, and community-partner sites where there are potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood and/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, chemicals, radiation , and physical hazards. Patient interaction and interaction with other employees is required.Job Duties
- Interviews, screens, and recruits participants for the study; explains all processes and procedures to potential participants, as well as risks and benefits of participation.
- Supports families with study registration, either in person or virtually/remotely.
- Collects saliva samples for genetic analysis on children during events and clinic appointments.
- Corresponds with participants as needed throughout the study to answer questions, resolve problems, and provide support.
- Schedules research participants for study-related procedures.
- Uses research functions within the electronic medical record (Epic) to effectively identify and recruit potential participants.
- Conducts literature searches and summarized information in appropriate formats for presentation, publication and/or grant submissions.
- Collects, ships, and maintains paperwork for biological specimens, according to procedures outlined In the study protocol.
- Works alongside the principle investigator to complete IRB protocols, modifications, and continuing reviews.
- Presents updates on study progress, recruitment strategies, and other study-related efforts to providers, hospital administrators, and the study sponsor. May travel for recruitment events, investigator meetings associated with the clinical trial, and other outreach opportunities.
- Cooperates in discussions during weekly team meetings and network conference calls.
- Volunteers to assist other team members with overflow duties.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and In writing.
- Must be comfortable calling families by phone, explaining all aspects of the study, and answering questions.
- Must have prior experience with computer spreadsheets and database management.
- Prefer experience with electronic health records but not required.
- Prefer experience with marketing via social media but not required .
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.