The Research Coordinator II is a restricted funds funded part time position to assist with three active studies in the Palliative Care section. This is a Palliative care funded research project that requires a research coordinator to perform interventions with adolescents and young adults in a pediatric setting to a assess whether or not promoting resilience resources will improve outcomes for AYAs with advanced cancer and their families.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for PRISM , SHARE, PEDIQUEST studies; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Collects, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for appointments to carry out research interventions and interviews.
- Travels to various TMC campuses to meet with research participants.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.