The Baylor College of Medicine has opening for a Postdoctoral Associate or similar research positions such as Visiting Scholar. The postdoctoral fellow will study epigenomic regulation of metabolism and neurocognition by circadian clock and physical exercise, including molecular mechanism of epigenetic drugs in treatment of cancer as well as epigenetic mechanism in transgenerational inheritance of metabolic traits, in the context of diabetes, fatty liver, heart failure, muscle atrophy, osteoporosis, autism spectrum disorder, and Alzheimer's disease. Recent publications at Dr. Zheng Sun' lab are available at https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/zheng-sun-31489
The postdoctoral fellow will use cutting-edge technologies and integrated omics approaches, include epigenomics, metabolomics, single-cell technique, bioinformatics, genetic animal models, molecular and cellular biology, metabolic tracing, sophisticated virus tools, neurobehavior test, opto/chemogenetics, in vivo calcium imaging, and histology analysis. To apply, please email Dr. Zheng Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Lab website https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/zheng-sun-31489 Job Duties
- Performs functional and phenotyping analysis in living animals
- Prepares samples and perform validation studies for omics analysis.
- Performs bioinformatics analysis and data interpretation.
- Performs molecular biology analysis using primary cells or histology studies.
- Documents experiments to ensure that work can be replicated by others.
- Writes manuscript to report the findings or grant applications.
- Attends department seminar and other scientific events.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Experience in molecular biology, metabolism, epigenetics, bioinformatics, or disease models.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; PD; SN