The Molecular Biology and Virology function at the US Research and Development Center, GSK Vaccines, is responsible for the application of molecular biology and microbiology to identify antigen compositions, enabling of vector platforms for vaccine delivery, application of cell biology and System serology to define vaccine potency and mechanism of action, and establishment of molecular biology technical capacity for vaccine development. The mission of the Laboratory of Molecular Analytics is to provide assay and analytical support to all vaccine projects in the US Research and Development Center, using advanced high-throughput technology and techniques.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist, with proven genomics laboratory experience, to join our diverse preclinical research and development team working on RNA vaccines.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Design, develop, and implement next-generation sequencing (NGS) and transcriptomics protocols for the characterization of RNA and DNA molecules of interest for vaccine research and development, and their mechanism of action.
- Run wide range of experiments/technical studies/tasks testing sequence identity and gene expression profiles using single-molecule sequencing, RNA-Seq, and single cell analysis.
- Analyze, interpret and record experimental results and presents them in written/oral communications.
- Develop and executes new methods and protocols and proactively incorporates new technology or techniques into practice with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with scientists throughout the organization to support NGS activities.
- Performs complex data management tasks with minimal supervision.
- Leads vaccine development-related scientific investigations and publishes the work in scientific journals and patent filings.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in life sciences with at least 2+ years of experience in a related biotechnology field or Masters with at least 5+ years of experience in a related biotechnology field
- Experience in molecular biology (nucleic acid extraction and quality control, PCR, real-time PCR, NGS library preparation).
- Experience with next-generation sequencing technologies (Illumina, Pacific Biosciences, and Nanostring) and their applications, especially RNA-Seq and single cell analysis.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of Molecular Biology and Genomics.
- Effective written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Must be detail oriented; possess problem solving skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline restrictions
- Familiarity with automated high-throughput liquid-handling systems.
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis of data from NGS experiments.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether- all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together. *This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details. #VaccinesRD *LI-GSK
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record