Are you seeking an opportunity as a cell line or cell culture scientist with ability to advance the cell line development, cell culture process platforms and handle large sets of complex data? If so, this Associate Scientist role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Associate Scientist within Biopharm DS Process Development, you will have the opportunity to develop new methods and build more capability in our platform technologies or support project progression. The team will have access to the latest technologies in cell line engineering, bioreactor operations, and analytical instruments. Our aim is to integrate innovative expression and process platforms, automation and advanced data analytics into the upstream process development workflow.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supporting the cell lines for mid- and late-phase projects, further development and optimization when needed, such as host/vector engineering or medium development to improve product yield and quality.
- Supporting authoring and/or verification of cell line development sections in the regulatory submissions.
- Execution of small-scale bioreactor studies for cell line characterization, process fit, and process development.
- Interacting with colleagues in key partner groups: scientists/engineers responsible for project upstream process development, downstream process development and analytical method development scientists, data scientists and statisticians.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's in Biology/Biochemical/Biochemical Engineering or related Biological Sciences with 2+ years of industrial experience OR Master's degree in Biology/Biochemical/Biochemical Engineering or related Biological Sciences
- Knowledge in recombinant DNA and mammalian cell culture technologies.
- Experience working in a biological laboratory and familiarity with sterile technique and other general laboratory procedures.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian recombinant cell line development, such as performing transfection, single cell subcloning and clone selection.
- Knowledge on CRISPR gene knock-out.
- Ability to generate scientific hypothesis, conceptualize and execute meaningful study designs, draw and present conclusions.
- Operation of automated small-scale bioreactors and/or bench-top reactors.
- Writing and reviewing technical documents with a basic understanding of regulatory requirements from cell line-perspective.
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Scientific knowledge of genetics, cellular metabolism and physiology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in matrix team environment
Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients - so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact - with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing . So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record