Why Patients Need You
Pfizer Worldwide Medical and Safety colleagues play a key role in connecting evidenced based, medical decision support with colleagues and stakeholders to enable better health and treatment outcomes. Whether you are creating framework necessary to ensure our evidence is scientifically sound, providing unbiased, medically necessary expertise or investigating how to close gaps in data, our mission is simple. Empower healthcare decisions regarding the safe and appropriate use of medicines for patients.What You Will Achieve
As part of the Data Monitoring and Management (DMM) group, an integral delivery unit within the Global Biometrics and Data Management (GBDM) organization, the Database Analyst is responsible for the programming of high-quality clinical databases. Responsible for supporting assigned segments of the Pfizer portfolio. Accountabilities to include the design, development, and maintenance of clinical databases, ensuring the integrity of clinical data, application of standards supporting consistency in asset/submission data.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with department roles and cross-functional study team members to create data capture solutions that support the quality and timely delivery of data required per standard and study specific data review plans •
- Complies with applicable SOPs and work practices •
- Learns Pfizer database technologies •
- Develops knowledge of data capture tools and methods that support the accuracy and integrity of study data
- Bachelor's degree in a Life Science, Computer Science or equivalent •
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, or Regulatory Agency with an emphasis on building data collection and assimilation solutions
- Experience in Oracle, PL/SQL, SAS, Java, relational database design and database programming skills
- Technical skills and experience using relational databases (e.g. Oracle InForm, Oracle DMW, MS SQL Server or MS Access)
- Strong communication (written and oral), decision-making, influencing, negotiation, and project management skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Understanding of drug development process and data operations required for the reporting of clinical trial data (e.g. data review, study reports, regulatory submissions, safety updates, etc.)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and relevant data standards; CDISC knowledge and experience are preferred.
- This role can be located at any of the listed locations.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
Last day to apply: August 16, 2022#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.