Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. In Analytical Research & Development you will apply innovative measurement science, data analytics and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
To support the technology platform and portfolio delivery, as Senior Scientist, you will take an active role in the development and implementation of advanced analytical spectroscopic measurements. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of theory and application of a vibrational spectroscopy area (Raman, FTIR, NIR, UV) or a combination of all techniques. Extensive experience with chemometrics and data driven modeling with spectroscopic data sets is a key skill for success in this role. Direct experience with online applications or continuous manufacturing would be an advantage. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a regulated environment would also be beneficial.How You Will Achieve It
- Evaluate innovative technologies that keep us at the forefront of measurement science.
- Develop analytical methodologies and strategies needed to progress small molecule products in the pipeline.
- Manage development, qualification, validation, and transfer of vibrational/PAT methods in support of a diverse portfolio in varying stages of clinical development.
- Regularly contribute and influence at the project team level.
- Prepare and review technical documents, including validation protocols and reports, analytical test procedures, investigation reports, and change controls.
- Work collaboratively and in a wide range of matrix teams both within Pfizer and externally. Analyze and communicate experimental results both orally and in written reports to colleagues and management.
- Support formulation development, generate analytical data to be used for regulatory submissions, participate in technology transfer activities to manufacturing sites and provide formulation support in developing new products using batch and continuous processing technologies.
- Review and verify scientific experiments and data documented in electronic laboratory notebooks and technical reports.
- PhD degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry or Material Sciences.
- 0-3 years of experience Demonstrated technical skills and scientific expertise in analytical method development using vibrational spectroscopy approaches and troubleshooting of same
- Demonstrated experience with chemometrics, multivariate data analysis, ML, AI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and working in a matrix environment
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Experience with online and continuous manufacturing applications.
Other Job Details
- Do not anticipate more than 10% travel.
- Last Date to Apply: September 2, 2022
- Relocation Support Available
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development