Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
In your role, you will be at the center of Pfizer's operations and you will find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your work will help Pfizer in the critical area of portfolio management for our Research and Development (R&D) function. You will work as part of a team which designs and implements business processes to enable product research and development, portfolio prioritization, resource allocation and risk management.
As a Senior Manager, your advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts in the discipline and comprehensive knowledge of other disciplines will enable you to lead complex projects across the division. Your ability to develop and manage plans will facilitate in achieving objectives, interpreting internal and external business challenges and recommending best practices for improvements. While managing complex project environments, you will be able to anticipate and troubleshoot roadblocks and influence teams to achieve targets for the division.
It is your hard work and leadership that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Develop ideas and lead complex projects across the division.
- Develop and manage plans to achieve objective s .
- Support Program Leader(s) and Program Director to develop program plan that encompasses the overall strategy for the development of vaccines and therapeutics in all indications ensuring alignment among the overall strategic, operational and line plans.
- Interact closely with scientific staff to understand everyday facility challenges.
- Manage large capital facility projects by providing the scientific perspective.
- Appl y technical, team and line knowledge along with comprehensive scheduling knowledge to contribute to the achievement of work team deliverables.
- Suppor t translation of team's strategic objectives into operational plans; provides insight into operational feasibility of proposed strategies
- Support delivery of development plans in alignment with the program team strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) and 7+ years of experience .
- Experience with relevant project management tools .
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills .
- Master's degree (MA/MS/MBA) and 7+ years of experience .
- Doctorate (PhD/PharmD/JD) and 4+ years of experience.
- PMP or similar Project Management Certifications .
- Knowledge of clinical operations, protocols and site budgets .
The successful candidate will be capable of independent problem solving and working with minimal direction under most circumstances. The successful candidate will also possess strong oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical and computer skills are required. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel typically, less than 10%.
Eligible for employee referral
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Flexible colleagues are assigned a Pfizer site within a commutable distance where they work about 2-3 days weekly to connect and innovate with their team face-to-face. However, they also benefit from being able to work offsite regularly when it makes business sense to do so. Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development