The Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine and the Houston Methodist Biomedical Ethics Program are seeking applicants for our full-time clinical ethics fellowship.
This competitive 2-year program offers the opportunity to train with the Center's nationally renowned faculty and staff who lead premier Clinical Ethics Consultation Services at adult private hospital systems in the Texas Medical Center.
The fellowship offers a competitive stipend, excellent benefits, and opportunities for continued professional development. Upon completion of this program, fellows will have the skills, training, and experience to make them a strong candidate for positions in clinical ethics and academic bioethics. The Center cultivates a culture of intentionality, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. We are reflective and mindful of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion in all interactions with one another.
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our program website.
Applications must be received by Friday, October 28, 2022.Job Duties
- Completes comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation, including independently conducting ethics consultations for a high-volume Clinical Ethics Consultation Service (≈450 consultations per year) at the Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Participates in Biomedical Ethics Committee at Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Participates in educational activities related to our undergraduate and graduate medical curricula, including Baylor College of Medicine's award-winning Medical Ethics Pathway.
- Prepares and delivers presentations on clinical ethics-related topics for clinical audiences.
- Prepares original research and scholarship.
- Participates in Center events and the New York-Houston Medical Ethics Consortium.
- Terminal post-graduate degree (JD, PhD, MD, DO, or equivalent).
- No experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, working both independently and collaboratively to achieve mission goals
- Strong presentation and teaching skills
- Training or experience in medical ethics or clinical ethics
Those interested in this position should submit a resume and cover letter indicating their desire to be considered. Please apply at: https://tinyurl.com/bcm-ce-fellowship
Application Deadline: Friday, October 28, 2022.
Salary: $54,840 plus healthcare insurance and other benefits.Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine is recognized as one of the nation's premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center, Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research institutions.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty, and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care.
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy is comprised of 19 primary faculty members, 33 secondary faculty, 26 scholars, and over 30 fellows and staff, housed on the main Baylor campus in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas.Houston Methodist Hospital System
Houston Methodist comprises a leading academic medical center in the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals serving the Greater Houston area. Each hospital is staffed by committed personnel who exemplify our values of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.New York - Houston Medical Ethics Consortium
The fellowship is part of the New York-Houston Medical Ethics Consortium, which brings together Houston Methodist Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, and New York-Presbyterian Hospital. The aim of this consortium is to provide fellows an outstanding opportunity in clinical and research ethics by drawing upon transcontinental expertise and varied practice settings.About Houston
Houston is one of the most racially, ethnically, and internationally diverse cities in the United States and supports world class cultural institutions - such as the Alley Theater, the Menil Collection and Museum of Fine Arts, the Houston Ballet, the Houston Grand Opera, and the Houston Symphony - four professional sports teams, and cuisines from around the world. Houston and its suburbs offer a wide range of affordable housing and family-oriented programs and activities.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN