One NIH-R01 funded postdoctoral position is available in Zhao Wang group in the Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX. We seek highly motivated individuals with an excellent track record and experience in protein purification and biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins and protein complexes, preferably including membrane proteins.
The projects aim at understanding the principles of protein-protein interactions in three dimensions and the structural bases for formation of molecular complexes in biological processes. Our approach relies on developing and extending the application of Cryo-EM/ET to determination of structures of protein complexes in different functional states.Job Duties
- Study design.
- Protein/complex express and purification.
- Data collection, processing and analysis.
- Present project results to internal and external parties.
- Engage in writing of publications and reports.
- Assist with graduate student training and mentorship.
- Present research findings at institutional, regional, and/or national scientific meetings.
- Maintain good communication with lab leader and members.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- PhD degree in biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, or related field.
- Experience with extraction and purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes (membrane protein experience preferred).
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret results.
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from Ph.D. and postdoctoral studies will be highly valued).
- Excellent English interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.