The primary purpose of the Research Project Manager position is to perform advanced and complex level-specific activities related to research projects and studies and impact population science research protocols.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Research and Protocol Management:
* Manages all operational and technical aspects of multiple Population Science research programs for faculty within the Department of Health Disparities Research.
* Assist with the development of study design, research protocols, and dissemination strategies that support community-based research projects conducted in the Department of Health Disparities Research.
* Writes grant budgets, assists and/or completes all aspects of grant submissions. Defines recruitment strategies for studies. Develops, writes, modifies, formats, and submits protocols.
* Develop, prepare, track, and submit mandated progress reports, coordinate compliance issues, and oversee research regulatory issues within the institution and with collaborating institutions; IRBs, for example Harris Health System, various federally qualified health centers, the University of Texas School of Public Health, Baylor College of Medicine, and the University of Texas Health Sciences Center.
* Develop and designs data collection instruments and questionnaire testing procedures. Maintains tracking database and creates tracking protocols. Creates database variables from questionnaires and communicates with database designers/managers.
* Provide training and ongoing technical support to increase organizations and communities, scientific literacy and capacity to participate in and advocate for research.
* Manage relationships with organizations and representatives from the community.
* Manages personnel issues, including staff supervision and training, recruitment of new staff, assistance with the hiring process, completion of performance evaluations, motivation, counseling and directing staff, and resolving workflow issues.
Assist Associate Director with overseeing budgets and resources.
* Conducts various training programs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Required: Six years experience in scientific or experimental research to include two years as a project manager. With preferred degree, four years scientific or experimental research experience to include one year as a project manager.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html