Scientist/Senior Scientist, Genentech Research Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology
We have an opening for a talented Scientist/Senior Scientist to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department at Genentech. The candidate will function as part of various multi-disciplinary teams covering the large molecule research portfolio across the therapeutic areas spanning early stage research to final IND candidate, with a potential focus on neuroscience. The successful candidate will have broad research responsibilities involving bioanalytical tools for characterizing and quantitating oligonucleotide, protein, peptide or conjugated therapeutics, as well as monitoring hypothesis-driven biomarkers. Responsibilities include developing and implementing in vitro high-throughput functional screening and in vivo pharmacokinetic (biodistribution and biotransformation) and pharmacodynamic assays. For pharmacokinetic studies, defining strategies for incorporating in vitro assays that translate to in vivo systems will be critical. The role will involve identifying, conceiving and working with advanced analytical technologies as well as routinely innovating and pushing technological limits to support the evolving large molecule portfolio. In addition, building and enhancing the infrastructure through automating instrumentation, data analysis and informatic workflows will be key to success. The individual will be expected to provide strategic input representing department function in lead finding/optimization and bioanalytical efforts for advancing therapeutic candidates. The role will involve working extensively with contract research organizations, external collaborators and may also involve managing contingent and/or full-time researchers.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Pharmacology or a related field with postdoctoral or industry experience (0+ years for Scientist/4+ years for Senior Scientist).
- Experience with oligonucleotide/protein/peptide quantitation and characterization involving immunoaffinity, separations, chromatography, mass spectrometry, spectroscopy and other molecular biology techniques.
- Proven track record of scientific accomplishments and high profile publications is required.
- Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of bioanalytical tools for characterization and quantitation of biomolecules is required.
- Familiar with multi-disciplinary activities in large molecule drug discovery involving in vitro functional screening, in vivo pharmacokinetics (biotransformation and biodistribution) and pharmacodynamics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Experience with automating instrumentation and data processing would be advantageous.
- Drive for conceiving and implementing highly innovative analytical tools would be advantageous.
- Experience with large molecule drug discovery research for indications in neuro and/or other disease areas.
- In-depth hands-on knowledge in large molecule bioanalysis using mass spectrometry, immunohistochemistry, capillary electrophoresis.
- In-depth or working knowledge in PK/PD/efficacy animal models and animal tissue manipulation to enable various downstream analysis (e.g. therapeutic and biomarker quantitation).
- Working knowledge in molecular and/or cellular analytics such as PCR, flow cytometry, genomic sequencing.
Relocation benefits are available for this position.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are?
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
If you are in need of an accommodation due to a disability to assist with submitting your application or at any point during the hiring process, please email US.email@example.com.