The Sr Admin Assistant- Tech Ops provides ongoing administrative support to multiple members of a department in a fast-paced environment. The primary accountability is to ensure the needs of the function are prioritized, organized and executed in order to maximize productivity. This is accomplished by coordinating the support of the various leaders, as well as routine departmental support as requested. Daily items for assigned personnel include calendar management, scheduling of meetings, phone support, expense reports, travel arrangements, word processing of documents, development of presentation slides, tracking/processing of purchasing requests (proposals, POs, accruals), and any other departmental support tasks as assigned.
The incumbent must be flexible, a team player, and is expected to have the judgment necessary to prioritize conflicting goals, keeping everyone aware of the conflicts and communicating effectively with the organizations being supported. S/He will demonstrate strong collaboration with Administrative colleagues within the organization.
Provides general support, such as:
• Greets visitors, answers and directs phone calls to appropriate areas and answers routine inquiries.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail; coordinates and prepares outgoing mail.
• Prepares correspondence, memoranda, reports, spreadsheets and presentations, as directed.
• Compiles basic information and reports, relevant to department projects.
• Maintains electronic and paper filing systems.
• Maintains or tracks department budget(s).
Provides travel, schedule, and meeting coordination such as:
- Coordinates travel plans for department staff.
- Maintains calendars, department schedules and time-off schedules.
- Coordinates meetings including reserving meeting rooms, audio/visual equipment, catering and other resources
- Supports department projects and initiatives
General Administrative: reception functions, mail, document and report prep, filing, and budget tracking
Travel and meeting coordination
General office management, including ordering supplies and ensuring proper functioning of office equipment
Other projects & tasks as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years administrative experience in a professional environment
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
• Associates degree in Business Administration or related field or Secretarial/Administrative certification, preferred
• Experience in the biopharma industry helpful
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.Learn more about Spark Therapeutics and view other openings.