The laboratory of Will Hudson at Baylor College of Medicine (hudsonlaboratory.com) has a full-time position available for a lab manager. Baylor College of Medicine is a top-ranked medical school located in the Texas Medical Center, the largest biomedical complex in the world. The Hudson laboratory focuses on understanding the immune response to tumors and viruses, with the goal of creating better immunotherapies for cancer and infectious disease.
The lab manager will manage and coordinate the research programs in the Hudson laboratory, working closely with the principal investigator, Dr. Hudson. The manager will also assist in the performance of experiments, including collecting and cataloging biological samples and mouse colony management. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience as a research assistant, research associate, or lab manager, preferably including prior supervisory experience in a laboratory setting.Job Duties
- Consults with the principal investigator to determine equipment purchase priorities based on budget, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.
- Assists with upkeep of mouse colony, including weaning, genotyping, and breeding of mice.
- Prepares equipment for use and demonstrates use and care of equipment to other research personnel.
- Arranges service cells for equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Orders laboratory supplies and maintains inventories of required reagents.
- Serves as biosafety officer for the laboratory.
- Supervises laboratory personnel in a variety of lab duties.
- Assists other laboratory personnel in performing experiments.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience, with prior supervisory experience.
- Experience with mouse colony management highly preferred, including mouse genotyping, weaning, and breeding
- Use of immunological techniques including lymphocyte isolation and flow cytometry
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.