Dr. Fazal is seeking a Research Technician III to carry out routine laboratory procedures as directed. The Fazal lab is a young laboratory focusing on systematically interrogating the subcellular transcriptomes of mammalian cells and characterizing the scope, regulation, and function of subcellular localization, particularly at the systems and organismal level. We use a variety of biochemical, biophysical, imaging, genomic and computational approaches to investigate the sequence-function relationship dictating RNA localization.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, technically-skilled research technician who will be responsible for helping to manage the laboratory and to perform experiments. This role is ideally suited for a recent college graduate who is seeking additional years of hands-on research experience before pursuing graduate or medical school. Visit the BCM website (https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/furqan-fazal-72901) for more information about our lab. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Visit the BCM website (https://www.bcm.edu/people-search/furqan-fazal-72901) for more information about our lab. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled.Job Duties
- Prepare and conduct laboratory RNA biology research experiments.
- Collect, compile and analyze associated data.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Document results of experiments.
- Select, evaluate and apply techniques used in routine RNA biology research.
- Order laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Perform routine molecular biology and cell culture techniques to assist other researches.
- Help with lab organization and other support duties relating to lab operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
CA; CH; PD; SN