The Pillon Lab is seeking a technician. The lab's research program lies at the intersect of structural biology, biochemistry, and computational biology. The candidate will carry out routine laboratory procedures such as biochemical preparations, structure determination, and computational modeling. They will also have roles in lab ordering and maintenance of lab inventory.Job Duties
- Prepare and maintain lab stocks, including buffers, media, and gels.
- Express and purify proteins from bacterial, insect, or mammalian cells.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Document results of experiments.
- Routine biochemical and cell biological assays using standard operating procedures.
- Order laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Assist researches with routine molecular biology and cell culture techniques.
- Perform structural biology and biochemistry experiments.
- Maintain an up-to-date lab inventory.
- Collect data, process data, and computational modeling for structural studies.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Previous experience with Structural Biology and/or Computational Biology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, prioritization skills, time management skills, and attention to detail.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, technically-skilled research technician who will be responsible for helping to manage the laboratory and to perform structural biology experiments. This role is ideally suited for a recent college graduate who is seeking additional years of hands-on research experience before pursuing graduate or medical school.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.