Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that allows you to leverage your technical expertise to accelerate delivery in biopharmaceuticals? If so, this Investigator, Biopharm Upstream Process Development role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
Biopharm Process Development is a highly experienced Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls ( CMC ) organization accountable for delivering robust, cost effective and competitive products and manufacturing processes spanning the full life-cycle of asset development from Discovery through commercialization. These activities are delivered through state-of-the art internal facilities as well as strategic external partners. Collectively, the team is accountable for CMC activities encompassing cell line development, cell culture/ microbial fermentation, purification development, and drug product/ device development. We also pioneer innovative technologies to improve robustness, reduce cost of goods, and improve the patient experience.
Within Biopharm Process Development, the Microbial and Cell Culture Development department is responsible for the development of cell culture processes for the manufacture of GSK's Biopharm assets. The Department is also responsible for the scale-up and tech transfer of the processes to manufacturing facilities all over the world. Our aim is to integrate innovative expression and process platforms, automation and advanced data analytics into the upstream process development workflow. An opportunity has arisen for a process development scientist with ability to advance the perfusion platform and handle large sets of complex data. He/she will have the opportunity to develop new methods and build capability in automated workflows and data handling.
In this role, you will be a member of a highly skilled team of scientists and engineers responsible for the evaluation and optimization of cell culture processes. The team will have access to the latest technology in small-scale as well as large scale bioreactors and analytical instruments. Although predominantly lab-based, the role also involves important aspects of verbal and written communication and requires good organisation skills as well as a broader scientific knowledge. Both individual and team working are required and therefore the role will suit a scientist with good interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, self-motivated and has an open mindset.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
- Process development of perfusion-based cell culture processes.
- Design and execute experiments using small scale bio-reactors.
- Apply statistical analysis and advanced data analytics to gain process understanding and improvement.
- Scale-up and technology transfer of manufacturing processes.
- Work in matrix teams with other groups in Biopharm Process Development Sciences.
- Present data and status reports to senior management.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related Biological Science, OR a BS/MS and 8 years' of industry experience
- Experience and knowledge of cell culture processes.
- Experienced scientist with record of scientific achievement associated with the implementation of process technologies
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why GSK? Uniting science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together
- Experienced scientist with demonstrated record of scientific achievement associated with the implementation of innovative process technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good analytical and data interpretation skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new scientific areas and work across teams.
- Ability to review and assimilate new information effectively.
- Automated small-scale bioreactors and/or bench-top reactors
- Process scale-up and tech-transfer
- Experience writing and reviewing technical documents, authoring of CMC sections for regulatory filings.
- In-depth understanding of cellular metabolism and physiology
- Knowledge of PAT tools viz. Raman and Capacitance
- Experience in applying data solutions to manual processes and advanced data analytics.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the most significant changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record