Pfizer is seeking a talented, self-motivated Manager, Computational Bioinformatics, with strong background in developing analytical algorithms, data processing pipelines, and data management to support data analytics and next generation sequencing (NGS) efforts in biomarker analysis in Early Clinical Development.
The successful candidate will analyze data from next generation sequencing (NGS) and other high-dimensional omics data types, providing bioinformatics and data science support to various programs in the fast-paced environment of early clinical trials.
This work will elucidate the molecular impact of early clinical assets, and therefore has the potential to inform proof of mechanism and proof of concept decisions for advancing these assets, or to re-prioritize therapies in the pipeline for disease. Additional applications of the work may include identifying patients more likely to respond to new therapies based on their molecular profiles ("Precision Medicine"). ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working within a team of laboratory scientists, clinicians, bioinformatics scientists, and statisticians to rapidly apply state-of-the-art machine learning capabilities to analyze large volume of data for biomarker analysis.
- Develop algorithms for the analysis of vast amount data spanning different data types and platforms for various of programs.
- Designing easy to use intuitive user interfaces for big data management, visualization, and analytics.
- Conduct data collection, data management, bioinformatics application development and other duties as assigned.
- Define and evolve best practices across the group and partner with Research Units (RUs), Business Technology (BT) and partner line bioinformatics experts to align approaches, develop best practices, assess, and develop new technology.
- Partner closely with RUs, Clinical Teams, Statistics, BT, and PM functions to identify, pilot and incorporate new bioinformatics tools to support clinical trials.
- PhD. in computer science, bioinformatics, or related field with 2 to 3 years of experience is preferred.
- Hand-on experience with processing of high-throughput next generation sequencing data and possessing strong data management and analysis skills.
- Hands-on experience to design and implement bioinformatics data analytical pipeline.
- Proficient coding/scripting in Python, Perl, R.
- Experience working in Linux environments and broad experience with open-source bioinformatics tools.
- Experience working in a high-performance computing and/or cloud computing environment
- Must be comfortable with fast-paced environment handling multiple projects simultaneously with different priorities and timelines.
- Strong abilities to quickly learn new skills and adapt to challenges on the job
- Understand statistics models and apply the models to data analysis
- Expertise applying programming and analytical skills to solve real problems in biology is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Collaborate and work well within a matrix organization.
\nRelocation support available\n
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development