Postdoctoral position is available at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA for an outstanding and highly motivated candidate to investigate Mitochondria-Nuclear Crosstalk and Cancer Metabolism. The Kaipparettu lab uses transmitochondrial cybrid technology, multi-OMICs approaches and different cancer models. The lab is particularly interested in dissecting the metabolic reprogramming and signaling pathways involved in mitochondria-nuclear crosstalk and tumor metastasis. Most of the projects in the lab have a translational end and use patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models for preclinical validations. Candidates will have the opportunity to do both basic science and translational research as they work in a fast-paced research environment.
Kaipparettu lab is located in the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston. The Department of Molecular and Human Genetics at BCM is ranked first in the country in grants and funding from the National Institutes of Health. BCM is recognized as a premiere academic health science center and is ranked as one of the tops among the nation's graduate schools for biomedical sciences. BCM has several core facilities to support high-throughput experiment and analyses.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publishes results in research journals.
- Maintains laboratory operations.
- Supervises research staff.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Research experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques, as well as in vivo tumor models.
- Previous experience in mitochondrial biology or cancer metabolism. However, candidates who have experience in cancer immunology and/or computational biology will also be considered for this position.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics is advantageous.
- The position requires the ability to lead projects and to work cooperatively with others.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN