*ViiV Healthcare Employees Receive 100% of GSK's Total Rewards & Benefits *Remote Opportunity
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialty HIV company, the only one that is 100% focused on researching and delivering new medicines for people living with, and at risk of, HIV. ViiV is highly mission-driven in our unrelenting commitment to being a trusted partner for all people living with and affected by HIV. Our aim is to think, act, and connect differently through a focus on education on and treatment for HIV. We go to extraordinary lengths to deliver the sorts of breakthroughs, both in treatments, care solutions and communities, that really count. We go beyond the boundaries of medicine by taking a holistic approach to HIV through developing and supporting sustainable community programs and improving access to care. We are fully committed to push through every challenge until HIV/AIDS is eradicated. ViiV has played a significant part in delivering breakthroughs that have turned HIV into a manageable health condition. We offer the largest portfolio of HIV medicines available anywhere, and we continue our work to cater for the widest possible range of needs in response to the HIV epidemic.
We are aware of how much is at stake for those affected by HIV and we show up every day 100% committed to the patients. Our work culture is fast-paced, diverse, inclusive, competitive, and caring. But ViiV isn't just somewhere to work - it's a place to belong, an invitation to bring your very best, and a team full of impact-driven team members who are hungry to make a difference.
While we have been improving lives of HIV patients for 30 years, this is an especially exciting time to be at ViiV, as we evaluate novel approaches to treatment and prevention that could further reduce the impact of HIV on individuals and communities.
ViiV Healthcare was created as a joint venture by Pfizer and GlaxoSmithKline in November 2009 with both companies transferring their HIV assets to the new company. In 2012 Shionogijoined the company. 76.5% of the company is now owned by GlaxoSmithKline, 13.5% by Pfizer and 10% by Shionogi.
The Field Medical Director, US Patient Affairs
will provide medical leadership in patient affairs for ViiV Healthcare's interface with Health Care Professionals, and Patient groups. The Medical Director will provide medical input into regional/global strategies and plans related to patient affairs. They will provide US Field Medical Affairs leadership and direction for DTP and patient focused Commercial Initiatives, including educational content, training, market research and commercial materials ensure alignment in patient activities and initiatives between the NAMA, Global Medical affairs, R&D Sales and Marketing. The Medical Director will ensure alignment in patient activities and initiatives between the NAMA, Global Medical affairs, R&D Sales.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
Why you?Basic Qualifications:
- Capture insights from patients, community and advocacy groups, and disseminate it across all internal stakeholder groups and translate into actionable activities
- Provide strategic medical leadership and plans for Patient Affairs to include annual planning, and brand support across pre-launch, launch and lifecycle management activities.
- Assist director(s) in development and delivery of strategy for deployment of MSLs and/or necessary contracted medical affairs staff that support the mission of US Medical Affairs, Commercial, Clinical Development of ViiV HC assets and Scientific Communications groups in/affiliated with ViiV HC.
- Provide alliance and partnership with ViiV Medical Affairs LT, Legal, Commercial and R&D and GSK Medical Information Services to provide insight for appropriate policies and practice decisions regarding patient affairs
- To be the key medical point of contact for Patient Affairs related initiatives and resources
- Identify necessary scientific and clinical resources needed by ViiV teams and ensure content robust, appropriate, and timely via interface with Regional Medical Directors, Global Medical Leads, Brand Medical Directors, other R&D Medical staff, and GSK Medical Information.
- Critically assess current and future clinical trends in the US related to respective areas to and provide strategic direction and oversight on evidence generation activities in close collaboration with cross functional team to ensure development decisions are both comprehensive and opportunistic.
- Serve on critical committees, providing US Medical Affairs and clinical perspective on patient affairs.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Medical or PharmD Degree, specializing in HIV
- 2 plus years of US Medical Affairs experience
- Experience working with regional/ national scientific and patient communities in the US
- Experience with clinical patient affairs leadership and advocacy
- Experience with navigating & leadership in a matrix environment
- Experience implementing patient focused plans and strategies in major markets which includes working with clinical or patient advocacy roles
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Why ViiV Healthcare?
- Clinical HIV experience
- A solid reputation for effective communications, negotiation and influencing skills inside and outside VHL
- Demonstrated strengths in matrix relationships
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV Healthcare focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At ViiV, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
ViiV has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiV shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record