The Internal Medicine Research Unit (IMRU) is committed to finding cures for metabolic diseases and related complications. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on developing a deep mechanistic understanding of the metabolic pathways driving cardiovascular disease, obesity, cachexia, diabetes, and renal disease. The aim is to recruit a scientifically and technically strong research scientist proficient in in vivo and in vitro metabolic research models, with the ultimate goal of developing effective therapies. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply scientific and technical expertise to drug discovery programs to impact the future of new drug candidate development
- Conceptualize and design experiments
- Organize and conduct in vitro/ in vivo/ ex vivo studies independently (including preparation, data collection, interpretation, and presentation)
- Maintain awareness of scientific and technical developments in field
- Author manuscripts for quality publications in top-tier journals.
- Interface with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in the Internal Medicine Research Unit and engage in both target exploration and driving established projects in our portfolio.
- Quantify and translate experimental results to advance the understanding of how metabolic pathways and complex physiological systems are altered by diseases and how they respond to therapeutic interventions.
- Maintenance of laboratory notebook records and adherence to safety policies is strictly required.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- PhD with a minimum of 2 years of post-doc experience.
- Experience in metabolic diseases is required.
- Expertise in cell biology and physiology with emphasis on metabolism and signaling pathways is essential. Experience working with GPCRs and associated pathways is a plus but not required.
- A successful track record of scientific achievements through scientific publications and presentations
- Candidate should be able to review literature to formulate new ideas, and have the ability to work independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment.
- The candidate will have daily interactions with a team of creative and innovative scientists in a supportive environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development