The Bioprocess R&D organization at Pfizer is responsible for developing robust and scalable manufacturing processes for a wide range of biological modalities, including monoclonal antibodies, multispecifics, mRNA, vaccines, and AAV gene therapy products. We support the clinical development of drug candidates from IND to BLA. We are seeking a Principal Scientist to join the Upstream Process Development group in Andover, MA. If you are a highly motivated, dedicated and creative scientist who share our mission of delivering breakthroughs that change patients' lives, we would like to invite you to join us! ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leader responsible for the successful development, characterization, and transfer of state-of-the-art manufacturing processes of mammalian cell cultures for recombinant proteins or in vitro transcription for mRNA. Develops creative and pragmatic solutions to technical and operational challenges.
- Establishes and drives impactful innovation programs that are aligned with business drivers and regulatory paradigms to enhance manufacturing technologies and work processes.
- Contributes to regulatory submissions and query responses; presents data and strategy in appropriate internal and external venues (technical meetings, project team meetings, and conferences, etc.); authors technical reports, patent applications, and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrates positive leadership qualities, mentors junior scientists, and fosters a collaborative team environment; embraces and lives Pfizer values: Courage, Excellence, Equity, and Joy.
- PhD withtypically 3+ years, Master's with typically 8+ years, or Bachelor's degree with typically 11+ years of relevant industry experience in process development and manufacturing, with a degree in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or Life Sciences related field.
- Experience with successful process development, tech transfer and process scale-up to GLP/GMP manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and lead innovation and change.
- Organized, self-starter, and capable of working both independently and collaboratively; adept at working in a fast-paced matrix environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as analytical and computer proficiencies.
Other Job Details:
- Expertise in at least one of the following areas is a plus: cell metabolism, media development, in vitro transcription, design of experiment (DoE), advanced bioreactor controls, and PAT technologies.
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Available in either Andover MA or Chesterfield MO
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development