Are you looking to lead CMC regulatory activities in the post approval space for Biopharm products?
As a Regulatory Manager, you will Lead CMC regulatory activities in the late development and /or lifecycle management of GSK products.
Drives the CMC strategy, coordinates the timely preparation and authors, as needed, technical (CMC) regulatory documents to support lifecycle maintenance submission content, in accordance with the applicable regulatory & scientific standards, and taking into account the evolving regulatory requirements. Identifies risks to the business associated with submission data and information packages and provides and communicates well defined risk mitigation strategies. Mentors or trains staff. May have direct line management responsibility. Manages project activities for multiple complex projects and teams simultaneously, including those for reporting staff as appropriate. Provides strategic direction, data assessment and conclusions within and across departments. Able to establish organisational networks (internal and external) understanding departmental constraints/pressure within a highly complex organisation. . Engages and may lead CMC Subject Matter Expert activities, both internally (for increased compliance, harmonisation and efficiency) and externally (external advocacy and shaping the regulatory environment). 4. May deliver CMC regulatory strategy to support major inspections (eg PAI's) or quality incidents (PIRCs). 5. Has accountability for submission content. Understands, interprets and advises on regulations, guidelines, procedures and policies relating to development, registration and manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products, to expedite submission, review and approval of global CMC applications. 6. Ensures all appropriate CMC regulatory aspects for product release are in place, to ensure continuity of market supply. Ensures information submitted lifecycle maintenance submissions meets regional requirements, allowing maximum Supply/Production/Quality flexibility with minimal unanticipated questions. 7. Formulates novel approaches and influences people, evaluating/improving CMC Regulatory processes, policies and systems to enhance the efficiency and quality of departmental work.8. Directs and communicates complex regulatory issues independently across the company and with external agencies and third parties as necessary, to influence project and policy issues that are aligned with business needs ensuring optimum position for the company. 9. Operates with considerable independence, except for matters that affect corporate or agency policies. Rapidly and appropriately communicates sensitive matters or those with potential for high business impact. 10. May participate in corporate evaluation and provide CMC regulatory support/advice to in-licensing and divestment projects. Why you? Basic Qualifications:
B.Sc. in Life Sciences or related scientific disciplines - To ensure a good understanding of the science behind physical product manufacture, and the associated regulatory challenges with maintaining a compliant supply chain.
- Experience of drug development and manufacturing and supply processes and may have a specialized area of expertise.
- Working knowledge of complex worldwide CMC regulatory requirements and demonstrated ability to influence the global internal/external regulatory environment.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in major post approval filing activities (significant manufacturing change or key regulatory interactions in lifecycle management).
PhD in Life Sciences or related scientific disciplines
- Ability to manage and direct multiple projects/teams
- Track record of effective influencing and negotiating with regulatory agencies, industry bodies, and internal colleagues personnel in a variety ofsettings.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex global CMC issues through continuous change and improvement.
- Life cycle management experience ideally including previous roles within pharmaceutical and/or vaccines marketed product support.
- Significant experience in Pharmaceutical industry or Research organizations, established in Regulatory Affairs and with demonstrated experience of teamleadership.
- Continued professional growth in global regulatory affairs including communication of evolving/emerging trends and policies. Has identified opportunities to further educate internal colleagues and formulate approaches to most effectively meet new requirements.
- Identified as CMC Regulatory expert in a specific subject area.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with established internal and external networks.
- Proven experience in supervising and training junior staff within an organisation and has the ability to motivate and lead others.
- Detailed knowledge of drug development and manufacturing and supply processes and may have a specialized area of expertise.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader inConsumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggestchanges we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022:
New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and geneticsscience; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent and technology to get ahead of diseasetogether - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; andas a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culturethat is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership ofgoals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at thisexciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record