Are you an Oncology pharmaceutical executive seeking to associate with the new exciting GSK to help optimize overall portfolio strategy by define the strategic vision and operational plan for medicines, aligning it with the overall organizational strategy ? If so, this Oncology leadership career opportunity may be for you. GSK R&D
We're combining the power of genetic and genomic insights into what causes disease, with the speed and scale of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to make better predictions about who a treatment might work for, and why. We believe this powerful combination of data and technology holds the key to fundamentally transforming medical discovery for the better, improving R&D success rates and shaping how even the most challenging diseases, like neurological conditions and cancer, can be both prevented and treated.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude , our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
Find out more: Our approach to R&D
. GSK Oncology R&D
Our Oncology R&D organization is building a diverse portfolio of Oncology medicines, focused on maximizing patient survival through transformation medicines. We aim to deliver first-to-market and first-in-class solutions that have the potential to address some of the biggest challenges in oncology.
Our organization covers the entire research and development spectrum from discovery to clinical development and regulatory compliance. We partner with other R&D functions, including Commercial and Medical to build our pipeline, manage trials, and progress from development to commercialization. We also pursue and manage critical business development opportunities, collaborations and acquisitions to advance our mission.
GSK continues to be committed to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in four areas of cancer research: •Immuno-Oncology -
Focused on an innovative pipeline of immune modulators designed to leverage a patient's immune system to recognize and eradicate solid and liquid tumors. • Cell/Gene Therapy -
Engineering next generation cell therapies for treatment of advanced malignancies. •Tumor Cell Targeting -
Target tumor-specific alterations to introduce selective anti-cancer activity.
•Synthetic Lethality -
Optimizing the use of PARP-inhibitors and delivering a Repertoire of Synthetic Lethal Medicines.
For more information: JOB DESCRIPTION:
Reporting to the SVP Global Head of Oncology Development, the Head, Medicine Development Leaders ( MDLs) is a critical role within the GSK R&D Oncology organisation. The appointee will strategically and operationally manage and lead the Medicine Development Leaders group across R&D Oncology, providing global leadership and guidance across the group, and ensuring best practice and high levels of quality in clinical development. The Head, MDLs will broaden and increase the skillset of the MDL group, bringing the team together through coaching, mentoring and development.
The Head of MDLs will strategically lead the optimal global development of medicines across the portfolio, substantially contributing and influencing from pre-C2P2 to post-launch life-cycle management, to ultimately deliver differentiated medicines of value. By working with the various stakeholders across R&D and Pharma, the Head of MDLs will define the strategic vision and operational plan for medicines, aligning it with the overall organizational strategy. KEY RESPOSIBILITIES:
- Provide strong and effective leadership to the global MDL group. Foster and develop an environment of best practice and high-quality drug development within the global MDL group.
- Establish a compelling vision for the MDL team; positioning the team within the R&D strategy and ensuring professional development.
- Own the performance of the MDLs to drive success. Coach and mentor the MDL team to bring out the best in the team and continue to develop the skillsets required for the MDL role - this is of particular significance as the MDL is the key decision maker on critical develop projects and thus needs to be provided with the tools and confidence to make such decisions.
- Ensure the MDLs deliver the Medicine Development Strategy that is aligned with the R&D disease strategy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the MDL team to ensure a smooth transition between the EDL (accountable from Candidate Selection to Proof of Concept, Phase 1) to MDL (accountable from Phase 2 to approval in first major market) and from MDL to MCL (accountable from approval in first major market).
- Provide guidance to the MDLs when providing key support to the EDT leading up to C2P2 to ensure smooth transfer of accountability and a successful C2P2 and transition from phase 1 to phase 2.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the MDLs on selecting members of the Medicines Development Team (MDT), as well as the leadership of this multi-disciplinary matrix team; support differentiated development for team members.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the MDLs in establishing a compelling vision for the relevant medicine; assist in the positioning of the medicine within the R&D strategy taking the competitive landscape into account.
- Ensure the GSK strategy is translated effectively into asset strategy and actionable plans for multiple areas or functions by the MDLs.
- Ensure success in delivering differentiated medicines of value for patients, stakeholders and markets, through an evidence package that supports regulatory approval, market access, and product life cycle.
#LI-Onsite Candidate Profile Professional experience/minimum qualifications
- MD, PhD, or PharmD, or equivalent
- Filing experience BLA/NDA/ MAA submissions as a core responsibility and have led Oncology development programs.
- Must possess extensive broad drug development expertise and experience.
- Considerable pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
- Significant experience in product development and/or commercial, especially in late phase development (from PoC onwards), clinical trial management with significant operational complexity, post-approval studies, regulatory and manufacturing compliance.
- Understands the entirety of R&D across the development/commercial life cycle to allow impact across all functions: discovery, late stage development, regulatory, manufacturing and commercial.
- Track record of success working in highly complex, matrixed, global, and multi-disciplinary organization with high accountability, minimal authority, and multiple lines of reporting.
- Prior significant experience in leading successful development and registration of oncology medicines
- Highly developed ethics and integrity, with demonstrated ethical medical decision-making skills.
Uniting science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves - feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing.So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record