About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Reporting to the Reimbursement Manager, this position participates in several key accounting and finance responsibilities including the appropriate accounting of revenues, analytical reviews, and internal reporting. Revenues will include but will not be limited to Patient and Specialty Pharmacy Revenues.
This position performs revenue month-end/quarter end close as well as reconciliation of patient accounts receivable and revenue accounts. The Senior Revenue Accountant will work closely with Entity Revenue Cycle team, Pharmacy team, and Payor Contracts, , as well as the General Accounting team, to ensure accurate reflection of the net revenue and patient accounts receivable. This position is also responsible for analyzing and communicating the net revenue and patient accounts receivable performance. This includes internal reporting and analysis on Days in AR, Write Offs, Allowance for Bad Debts, Gross to Net Revenue and Patient Receivable Ratios, Credit Balances, as well as Collections for related Entity.
This position will work with the Reimbursement Manager to ensure consistent application of accounting principles to our net revenue and patient accounts receivable between Medical Center, Orange County Hospital, Medical Foundation community practices as well as other related Entities. They will also collaborate on establishing comprehensive policies and procedures with regards to these areas.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Develop and maintain the patient accounts receivable valuation template tool. Provides direct reports with the established tools and processes to appropriately value net patient accounts receivable and related net revenue, contractual allowances, allowance for bad debts and charity allowance calculations.
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of the A/R reserve calculations through collaboration with Payor Contracts, Revenue Cycle teams, and other teams. (eg: settlement, aged collections, allowance for bad debt, etc)
- Prepare all necessary adjustment entries for month-end/quarterly close in accordance with the company's revenue recognition policy and reconciliation of AR and revenue accounts.
- Provides necessary analysis and communications specific to net revenue performance as reported on interim/annual financial statements; provides management with insightful information vital to the operational decision-making process.
- Understand the assumption of Net Revenue projections for the annual operating budget and various periodic forecasts.
- Develop recommendations regarding a variety of revenue valuation issues.
- Establish and ensure compliance with City of Hope Accounting and Reporting Manual policies and procedures, implements common accounting practices and accurate financial reporting for Patient Accounts Receivable and Patient Revenue.
- Plan, organize and facilitate the annual financial audit as well as any internal audit as it relates to net patient A/R and net revenue.
- Work with Revenue Cycle staff to share information, identify issues around performance, trends, etc to ensure optimal use of Net Revenue accounting template tool as well as integrity in the numbers.
- Assist Reimbursement Manager in initiating and improving processes and procedures to enhance productivity and efficiency
- Stay current with accounting literature and GAAP to ensure accounts are stated in accordance with relevant principles
- Participation in special revenue related projects and performing additional duties as required.
Pref. Certification/Licensure:Preferred education experience and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 5+ years of healthcare reimbursement financial/accounting experience including internal or external auditing experience and revenue cycle experience, including experience dealing with transactional details on revenue recognition and reimbursement
- Project Management Experience Preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.