About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
The City of Hope Senior Lobby Ambassador role demonstrates exceptional critical thinking ability and would be sought out to support the Lead Ambassador to carry out special assignments aimed to improve operational efficiency. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador would also be responsible for training new employees according to the standards set forth by the department. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador possesses superior customer service ability while performing all functions of the Lobby Ambassador role. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador assists with meet and greet, mobility, wayfinding, directions, transportation via electric cart, and connecting patients and families to City of Hope resources. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador is the liaison between the external environment, valet parking area and the patient registration area and/or hospital destination of the patient. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador provides wayfinding and transportation services by greeting patients/families who are arriving on the Duarte Campus. In addition, the Sr. Lobby Ambassador uses an electric vehicle or wheelchair to move the patient from a parking lot or valet area to hospital or outpatient destination. The Sr. Lobby Ambassador delivers services with a high level of engagement, interpersonal skills, safety acuity, and City of Hope values.Key Responsibilities include:
- Guest/Patient Service: * Meets, greets and assists patients, guests and colleagues with way finding (providing directions), obtaining wheelchairs and providing transport from the parking areas or external areas of campus into buildings. * Acknowledges and greets patients, guests and colleagues with a professional and friendly demeanor. * May accesses patient information to confirm appointment times, appointment locations and room numbers to guests. * May provide some concierge services to assist patients and guests with accessing Internet information (e.g., driving directions, restaurants, shopping and amenities) within the City of Hope and local community. * Ensures that patient and business confidentiality is maintained at all times. * Demonstrates a willingness and ability to help others at all times. * Coordinates patient needs with other departments.
- Training and Special Assignments: *Demonstrate effective critical thinking ability to triage complex situations and facilitate positive resolutions. Responsible for training new lobby ambassadors according to the standards set forth by the department. Ensure uniform standards are being met. Execute special assignments as needed as directed by the Lead/Supervisor for the department. Responsible for the replenishment of the ambassador stations (cleaning supplies, office supplies, PPE).
- Safety and Risk Management: * Corrects and/or reports safety, maintenance and cleaning needs. * Responds to Code Blue and Code Red emergencies with appropriate equipment. * Follows site specific safety and security procedures. * Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by City of Hope, including safe lifting techniques. * Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner. * Is knowledgeable of hospital disaster codes and response plans. * Follows City of Hope standard operating procedures for disaster codes and response plans.
- Systems and Standards: * Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by lobby ambassador supervisor or Support Services Manager. * Treats guests, patients and colleagues with courtesy, respect and dignity. * Follows all appearance standards as set forth by City of Hope, including complete approved pressed uniform. * Follows all attendance standards as set forth by City of Hope. * Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the City of Hope Code of Conduct and other policies and procedures. * Utilizes City of Hope logs as specified. * Completes tasks as outlined within the standard operating procedures. * Maintains clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas of office, work area and desk. * All other duties as assigned.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of experience in a customer service role with at least two years providing face-to-face customer service.
- Current CA Driver's License
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
- Evening Shift, Full Time
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.