The Calabrese Lab within the UCSF Lung Transplant Research group has an opening for a postdoctoral fellow interested in immunology and airway biology. The mismatch of host and recipient genetics following lung transplant creates a unique opportunity to address compelling questions with immediate, translatable, clinical impact. Our group studies NK cell immunology, epithelial cell biology and other biologic mechanisms of lung injury, in addition to projects related to Cystic Fibrosis. This position will offer opportunities to master cutting-edge immunology, genomics, single cell RNAseq, and metagenomic methods and develop an independent research focus.
- MD or PhD in immunology or life sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with cell culture, molecular biology, and flow cytometry
- Bioinformatics knowledge: Experience or willingness to learn R.
- Excellent communications skills: able to work with collaborating research and clinical teams.
- Willing to work with mouse models and human clinical samples.
- Detail oriented, organized, and independent.
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following:
- Cover letter, please indicate your preferred start date.