A CPRIT funded Postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jeanine Van Nostrand at Baylor College of Medicine. The successful applicant will join a research team with diverse expertise to study cancer biology and metabolism. The J-Van Nostrand lab is particularly interested in studying the role of metabolic checkpoints triggered by AMPK and mTOR signaling in cancer and metabolic disease. We combine approaches in mouse genetics, biochemistry, cell biology, imaging, and metabolomics to dissect these biological processes. The J-Van Nostrand lab is recruiting a highly motivated and creative scientist who is interested in pursuing research related to hepatocellular carcinoma, lung adenomas, mouse metabolism, and/or therapeutic approaches to treat or prevent cancer. Works occasional weekends.Job Duties
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Establishes new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- Presents research in both formal and informal settings.
- Responsible for laboratory operations.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Basic research experience.
- First author paper or a first author paper in progress of being published.
- Strongly prefer mouse experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
PD; CA; SN