The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to execute and improve established protocols for production of pre-clinical grade rAAV vectors.
The individual will participate in (but not be limited to):
- AAV vector production, purification and characterization for use in vitro and in vivo functional assays and animal models
- Execute upstream productions in either adherent cell culture in roller bottles or suspension cell culture in bench bioreactors
- Execute downstream purification by either chromatography or gradient centrifugation and subsequent final vector formulation
- Assist in the development and optimization rAAV manufacturing process
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment as needed
- Additionally, the individual will contribute to the implementation of documentation to adequately support research grade rAAV vector manufacturing
This position requires:
- Knowledge and experience with cell culture and skills related to purification of bio-products and related assays.
- Experience with viral production platforms
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment are required.
- Hands-on manufacture of AAV vectors including upstream virus production downstream purification and characterization of rAAV vectors
• Perform routine calculations and maintain appropriate records
• Maintain manufacturing equipment and records
• Maintain laboratory safety procedures and compliance records
• Prepare laboratory reagents/raw materials for the manufacturing of research and pre-clinical grade rAAV vectors
Education and Experience Requirements
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- B.S/M.S in Virology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- Hands on experience with suspension cell culture is strongly preferred
- Experience with protein/virus purification is a plus
- Experience in industry under regulated environment is preferred
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
- Strict attention to details. Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are required
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable in an environment with dynamic priority demands
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot experiments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team after initial training
There are 2 openings for Research Associate.
Please be aware that Spark mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Nearest Major Market:
Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable - until now.
We don't follow footsteps. We create the path.Learn more about Spark Therapeutics and view other openings.