**City of Hope iscurrently recruiting a Medical Laboratory Technician.Join us for a virtual Hiring Event onJune 22,2023 from 1PMPDT to 3PM PDT. Register today: https://app.brazenconnect.com/events/j302w?utm_medium=ATS&utm_source=Taleo
**About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) is under the direction of a licensed Supervisor and/or Clinical Laboratory Scientists. The MLT must apply practical and theoretical knowledge to accurately perform and evaluate waived, and moderate complex laboratory procedures in an efficient manner. Demonstrates behavioral skills that contribute to a productive work environment and provides excellent customer service. Performs all procedures and other tests in the laboratory as delegated and as qualified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) 1988, and the State of California. Key Responsibilities include:Uses comprehensive knowledge of scientific theory and departmental policies and procedures to perform waived and moderate complex testing and procedures.
Demonstrates, promotes, and assists with quality assurance activities to ensure the highest quality outcomes.
- Understands and complies with policies and procedures to perform responsibilities.
- Recognizes, troubleshoots and resolves problems/adverse situations utilizing analytical thinking skills.
- Observes best laboratory practices to ensure high quality of work with consistent accuracy and precision to promote exceptional patient care and outcomes.
Meets the workflow functions of a busy clinical laboratory.
- Performs and verifies valid waived and moderate test results through evaluation of assay/instrument parameters including quality control, reagent performance, calibration, etc. before reporting patient results.
- Properly operates and maintains instruments and equipment.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:Minimum Education:
- Assesses the adequacy of samples prior to testing and follows appropriate procedures for inadequate specimens, consulting with the CLS as necessary.
- Assesses and documents the suitability of delivered reagents and supplies. Properly logs, labels and stores reagents and supplies per manufacturer's guidelines and department protocols. Initiates appropriate corrective procedures for damaged/leaking reagents and supplies. Distributes special alerts and notifications, received with reagents and supplies, to the department staff and supervisor.
- Associate degree or 60 semester or equivalent quarter units of specified course work and 6 months of clinical training. Completion of an accredited program for Medical Laboratory Technician.
- California Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) license required.
- Certified by the Board of Registry of the ASCP or equivalent preferred.
- Clinical Pathology Laboratory Specimen Processing and/or patient-facing experience.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-LK